Are you a freelancer who already reads and loves StepMom Magazine? Let’s talk!
* Layout/design StepMom Magazine using Adobe InDesign (CC preferred)
* Create EPub text and Kindle files from Final InDesign Files
* Create website buttons/icons/social media graphics in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* This is a contract position working directly with SMM’s publisher and managing editor
Skills & Responsibilities
* Basic photo editing skills (advanced skills are a plus)
* Basic vector file knowledge
* Oversee/organize Dropbox folders
* Oversee/organize files including: stock photos, monthly issues, logos, fonts
* Maintain/assist with brand identity elements including: color palette, logos, web graphics
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud software including: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Our Ideal Candidate…
…understands and is able to communicate the nuances of stepfamily life through layout, design and photo selection.
…knows that typos are kryptonite to a magazine and can work with large amounts of copy. This person has strong written and verbal skills and will make copy revisions with keen accuracy and attention to detail.
…is a flexible and fast worker who and meets deadlines and knows that last-minute changes or requests are part of the gig.
…has the bandwidth to commit to a recurring, monthly project (approx. 25 hrs/month).
…has always thought it’d be really cool to join our team and work for an organization that helps stepmoms around the world.
Email: Publisher@StepMomMagazine.com (include Graphic Designer in the subject line) and tell us why you’d be great at this job. Be sure to include things like: a portfolio of relevant work experience, your resume, website, samples of your creativity—and anything else that will make us fall in love with you!