…Admitting that his kids didn’t send you a card on Mother’s Day or explaining why you and the ex sit at opposite ends of the soccer field doesn’t make for great conversation at cocktail parties. And, if you’ve ever been told that you should love his kids like your own, or suck it up because you’re the adult, or that you knew what you were getting into when you started dating someone with kids, you know it’s easier to keep your stepmom status—a secret.
If being a stepmom is harder than you imagined, you’re not alone and you’ve come to the right place. Here? We talk about all the tricky, taboo topics you can’t discuss with anyone else – like the ex, and child support checks, and the reasons why you sometimes feel like an outsider in your own home. We understand that even when things are good, they’re complicated.
And, we can help.
StepMom Magazine is a monthly, online publication. It’s the how-to guide for any woman dating, living with, or married to someone who has kids.
With a subscription you’ll learn how to:
- Stop feeling like an outsider in your own home
- Create a united front and strengthen your relationship
- Connect with your stepkids
- Reduce the negative impact the ex has on your life
- Communicate your feelings so your partner hears you
- Support your family without losing your own identity
- Overcome negative emotions like anger and guilt
- Practice self-care without feeling selfish
- Master the art of detaching or disengaging with love
- Build a support network of other stepmoms
- Take back control of your life and be happy
THE BEST PART?
The articles are written by the leading experts in stepfamily dynamics. Subscribing to StepMom Magazine is like having an entire team of stepfamily therapists, counselors and stepmom coaches at your fingertips.
“When I came home from work today, my husband made me coffee and told me how much he loves and appreciates me. When I asked him where all this nice stuff was coming from, he looked me square in the eye and said, ‘I’ve been reading some of the articles in StepMom Magazine. I’m starting to get it now.’ Thank you so much StepMom Magazine!”